Somerset Wildlife Trust Winter Raffle 2018/2019 - Terms & Conditions
1. Somerset Wildlife Trust is registered as a charity in England (No 238372)
2. Promoter: Katie Arber. Somerset Wildlife Trust, 34 Wellington Road, Taunton, TA1 5AW
3. Registered with Somerset City Council under the Gambling Act 2005.
4. The cost of a raffle ticket is £1.00 per ticket.
5. Payment for participation in the raffle can be made by cheque payable to Somerset Wildlife Trust, by credit/debit card or by cash. Please note if you are purchasing tickets at one of our events such as our AGM, payment can only be accepted by cheque or cash.
6. Raffle tickets will be entered into the draw ONLY once payment is received.
7. Tickets are not to be sold to or by any person under the age of 16 years old. If you suspect someone may be under the age of 16, then you should request proof of age. If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 they will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit their prize.
8. Tickets should not be sold on the street or door to door.
9. This raffle is open to residents of mainland Great Britain only (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands).
10. Trustees and employees of Somerset Wildlife Trust are ineligible to enter this draw. Any tickets bought in the name of Somerset Wildlife Trust, trustees or employees will be rejected from the draw and considered as donations to Somerset Wildlife Trust.
11. Any raffle ticket payments sent to Somerset Wildlife Trust need to be received by the membership team no later than 16th January 2019. Any payments sent after this closing date will not be valid and be taken as a donation contribution to help fund the work of Somerset Wildlife Trust.
12. No responsibility is taken for raffle tickets and payment lost, delayed, or damaged in the post, and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Please keep ticket stubs as proof of purchase and for reference.
13. The raffle draw will take place on Tuesday 29th January 2019 and winning tickets will be pulled by Simon Nash our CEO at Somerset Wildlife Trust, 34 Wellington Road, Taunton, TA1 5AW
14. The first prize raffle winner will receive a two-night midweek glamping stay for two people at Knepp Wildlife Camping, including a breakfast basket of eggs and bacon produced at Knepp Farm. The winner will be able to choose from a stay in either a shepherd’s hut or a luxury furnished tent (the treehouse is unfortunately not included as an option in this prize). You will need to contact Knepp directly in order to reserve your break, which can be taken any time in the 2019 season (Easter – October), subject to availability. The above offer does not include travel expenses getting to and from the venue. The winner of the two-night stay at Knepp will be notified of their win by 14th February 2019 by Somerset Wildlife Trust and full details of how to book will be sent to you in the post.
15. Second prize raffle winner will receive a cheque for £250 which will be sent to named winner in the post by Friday 26th February 2019
16. Third prize raffle winner will receive a guided tour for up to four people with Wildlife Somerset Tours, to view cranes near their nesting site in Somerset. The tour should be taken between October to March to ensure the best chance of seeing the cranes, although we cannot guarantee cranes will be seen. Winners will be advised by 14th February 2018, when you will be contacted directly by Wildlife Somerset Tours to arrange a convenient time to take your tour.
17. In the event that we are unable to contact the named winner by 20th February 2019, we will pick a second winner.
18. A list of winners will also be published on our website at www.somersetwildlifetrust.co.uk/raffle on 1st February. Winners will also be notified in writing by 14th February 2019.
19. Somerset Wildlife Trust reserves the right to use the winner’s name for promotional purposes. This will only be in summary, for example: ‘Mr Smith from Taunton’.
20. Somerset Wildlife Trust encourages people to gamble responsibly and seek help should gambling become a problem. The GamCare helpline number is 0845 6000 133 or visit www.gamcare.org.uk