By applying for a guaranteed Somerset Wildlife Trust charity place in an event organised by a third part (an “Event), you accept and agree to abide by the following terms:
You acknowledge that you will be contacted by email, phone, text and/or post in relation to the Event, ensuring Somerset Wildlife Trust can deliver the necessary administration and communication required for your successful participation in the Event.
1. Somerset Wildlife Trust has a limited number of places for each Event, and therefore we cannot guarantee that your application will be successful. We reserve the right to refuse any application at our absolute discretion, without providing reasons for doing so. We will contact you in due course to confirm the status of your application.
2. If your application is successful, you will take responsibility for registering your contact details with the third-party event organiser if required. Failure to do so will mean you cannot take part in the event. If this is necessary, we will inform you well in advance of what action is required.
3. If your application is successful you will also be required to sign up to, and comply with, the Event organiser’s Event rules and/or terms and conditions. Please read these carefully, as they will set out the Event organiser’s obligations and liabilities to you and vice versa. Please note that Somerset Wildlife Trust is not responsible for the organisation or management of the Event, and therefore we shall have no liability to you for any injury, damage or loss suffered by you when taking part in or in connection with the Event.
4. You acknowledge the registration fee you have paid is non-refundable and cannot be used towards your sponsorship pledge.
5. If you are successful in your application for a Somerset Wildlife Trust charity place, please note this place is non-transferable.
6. You acknowledge this is a fundraising event and commit to raise the minimum sponsorship pledge, as laid out in the marketing information, excluding any Gift Aid or employer match giving.
7. When fundraising, you will act lawfully and follow the fundraising guidelines provided by the Somerset Wildlife Trust. You must make it clear you are fundraising "in aid of Somerset Wildlife Trust" and are not representing on behalf of Somerset Wildlife Trust. You must not do anything that may harm the reputation of Somerset Wildlife Trust or act in a manner contrary to our values.
8. For any independent fundraising events that you carry out to raise funds (for example a cake sale or pub quiz), you acknowledge that you are carrying such events out in your own capacity. It's your responsibility to organise all aspects of such event and make it clear that such event is run by you "in aid of" Somerset Wildlife Trust and is not run by Somerset Wildlife Trust. You also agree to make it clear that such event is not "on behalf of Somerset Wildlife Trust" and that Somerset Wildlife Trust cannot accept any responsibility or liability for such event. If you wish to use Somerset Wildlife Trust's logo, please contact the Somerset Wildlife Trust fundraising team who can provide our "in aid of" logo.
9. You agree to secure a licence from the relevant local authority before collecting funds on the street or in a public place. You acknowledge you are responsible for obtaining any such licence and informing the Somerset Wildlife Trust fundraising team who can provide guidance.
10. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with the Event are paid to Somerset Wildlife Trust. You agree to send all sponsorship funds to Somerset Wildlife Trust no later than six weeks after the event.
11. You agree to ensure any cheques relating to your sponsorship are made payable to Somerset Wildlife Trust and sent to the Somerset Wildlife Trust fundraising team with the event name, your full name and address.
12. When fundraising, you will make your donors aware that a proportion of the money you raise will go towards paying for your place in the event if relevant. Somerset Wildlife Trust carefully budget to ensure that as long as you meet or exceed your pledge, we will make a profit on your participation in the event. However it is critical you make your donors aware of this.
13. If you have to withdraw prior to the event, you must notify Somerset Wildlife Trust immediately and before the registration deadline if possible. This means we can re-allocate your place to someone else. Any money raised will be retained as a donation towards Somerset Wildlife Trust. If you wish to refund your donors in this instance, you must ask your individual donors to make a written request to Somerset Wildlife Trust, as they will be refunded directly.
14. You acknowledge that Somerset Wildlife Trust will share your contact details with the organiser of the event or third-party organiser of the event in which you are taking part. We will never share your data with any other third parties or used in any other way, unless you agree.
15. The event which you are registering for is physically challenging and may pose a risk of discomfort, illness, injury, and even death. You need to be satisfied that you are physically capable of doing the event without undue risk to your health or life. We do not conduct health or fitness checks on entrants and the responsibility for your ability to participate in the event is with you as the participant.
16. If you have a medical condition or are unsure of your physical ability to take part in the event, you must seek medical advice from a general practitioner prior to the participating in the event.
17. You acknowledge that Somerset Wildlife Trust is unable to provide insurance for fundraising activity, and that you are responsible for securing appropriate insurance cover if required for your fundraising activity.
18. You acknowledge that you are fully responsible for your participation in the event and Somerset Wildlife Trust does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage arising from the event.
19. You acknowledge that your name and any photography or film footage taken as part of your participation in the event can be used for promotional and marketing purposes for this specific event and any future Somerset Wildlife Trust events activity.
20. You will ensure all correspondence regarding your event participation is directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 01823 652404.