Somerset Wildlife Trust

Work For Us|

Farmers and Landowners

Advisory visit on the Brue ValleyAre you considering an Entry Level Stewardship (ELS) or Higher Level Stewardship (HLS) application? The application process for these schemes can seem daunting, but we can help:

  • We can act as your agent in preparing the application. This service is effectively free: we will charge for producing an application, but no more than the scheme will pay you for professional advice.
  • If you already have an agent working for you we may be able to help your agent with survey data and the Farm Environment Record or Farm Environment Plan which is part of an Environmental Stewardship application.  

We also want to hear from farmers who are interested in conservation grazing. We need graziers on our reserves and we also want to help landowners who don’t own livestock to keep up with their ESA or Environmental Stewardship agreements. If you can take on extra summer grazing please give us a call.

To find out more contact Catherine Mowat, the Brue Valley Advisory Officer at Somerset Wildlife Trust (SWT), on 01823 652400 or .

SWT is an independent charity with no statutory powers.