The Trust’s head office at 34 Wellington Road, Taunton and is open to visitors and for enquiries Monday to Friday, from 9.00 am to 4.30pm. We are currently looking for volunteer support to assist in the running of the office including tasks such as:
- To be the first point of contact for visitors and telephone enquiries
- To respond to e-mail enquiries and forward information to relevant staff
- To provide information on all our activities, details about our reserves and visitor centers, bookings for events and activities programme
- To assist with the general maintenance of the receptionist and kitchen area.
- To manage room bookings and calendar appointments on Outlook as required
- To scan and photocopy documents
- To handle incoming and frank outgoing mail
- To help with other administrative duties
Skills and experience
- Good communication skills - both in person and on the telephone
- Good interpersonal skills - a friendly and open approach to all visitors
- Computer literate – ideally familiar with Microsoft Office although training is available.
- Some experience of data inputting is desirable
- Able to use initiative to sort out minor queries
- Interest in and ideally some knowledge of wildlife issues
- We are currently looking for volunteer support primarily on Mondays and Wednesdays to cover half, part or even full days as available.
If you would be interested in assisting in our offices then please ring Abby on 01823 652428, email or come into our offices on Wellington Road.