Communications Assistant based in Taunton, Somerset
£17,510 per year
Are you a graduate ready to make your mark on the world of communications and digital marketing? Do you also have a passion for wildlife and conservation and want to help a local charity achieve its ambitious growth plan and spread the word about Somerset’s wonderful wildlife and glorious landscapes and why we need to protect them in the future?
Somerset Wildlife Trust is looking for a self-motivated, organised and creative individual to get fully immersed in a graduate role that will: provide brilliant opportunities to get first-hand experience of a wide range of communications and digital marketing; enable you to play an integral role in the smooth running of a busy and ambitious Fundraising and Marketing team; and join a passionate, motivated and fun team.
The successful candidate will be involved in supporting a whole range of activities from digital marketing and PR, design and print management to website management, and will have the opportunity to be involved in some key 2019 projects to help achieve the Trust’s growth plans, alongside ensuring the team collects the data to measure and evaluate its success.
The ideal candidate must have a strong interest in marketing and communications, a particular interest in website development and be keen to develop strong administrative as well as specialist communications and marketing skills. You’ll need to be a quick learner, able to listen but also able to demonstrate lots of enthusiasm and initiative so you can hit the ground running in a busy and productive team. As part of a small team, you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and support the overall objectives where needed. No two days will be the same, but they will be exciting, challenging and rewarding in equal measures. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your skills in a multi-channel marketing environment with the support of an experienced team!
You'll be a graduate with impeccable writing skills and:
- Lots of energy, dedication and willingness to work hard
- High level of self-motivation and able to hit the ground running
- A quick independent learner able to work well as part of a team
- A positive attitude, good initiative and enterprise to offer good solutions for problems
- Excellent communications skills, an inner confidence and ability to listen, learn and ask questions
- Strong attention to detail
- You'll love getting to know different groups of people from all over the organisation
- You'll need to be super organised and disciplined with exceptional time management skills
All applications comprising your covering letter and your completed application form, must be received at email@example.com by 9 a.m. Wed 28th November 2018.
Please find job description here
Please find job application form here
Interview date: The interviews with take place on Thurs 6th December in Taunton.