Volunteering for Wildlife
Volunteering with Somerset Wildlife Trust is a great way to use your skills and experience to make a difference for Somerset’s wildlife. And you don’t have to be an expert to get involved.
What do our volunteers do?
Hundreds of people, with all sorts of interests and from all walks of life, volunteer with us every year.
They get their hands dirty helping to look after our nature reserves.
Volunteers help us to plan and deliver our annual calendar of wildlife events, to inspire the next generation by lending a hand at family events. They carry out a range of roles to keep the office running smoothly.
Volunteers with particular wildlife interests or specialisms survey and record wildlife for our Records Centre and work with Somerset’s diverse network of wildlife specialist groups.
Without our volunteers, we wouldn’t be the organisation we are today.
Volunteers set up the Trust over fifty years ago and run it now as our Trustees.
Want to get involved?
Here’s how to get involved in Volunteering with Somerset Wildlife Trust.
- Have a look at our current volunteering opportunities and let us know if you are interested in any of the tasks. You can do this by contacting the relevant project officer listed or our volunteer administration team - email@example.com
- After your conversation with our staff and If you are still interested complete a volunteer registration form available from our volunteering team and return it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will put you on the Somerset Wildlife Trust email list and you will receive updates of volunteering opportunities.
If there is nothing of interest for you at the moment do keep coming back to these pages as we regularly update our pages with new volunteering opportunities.
If you are under 18 you will need permission from a parent or guardian
Local Area Groups
Somerset Wildlife Trust has nine established Area Groups. Each group is an integral part of the Somerset Wildlife Trust and has its own very active volunteer committee. Area Groups organise events such as walks, talks and practical events, all of which are open to both members and non-members of the SWT. To find out how to get involved with your Local Area Group, click here.
Current Volunteering Opportunities
- Volunteer database support - for more information contact Sarah Hunt at email@example.com
- Practical Conservation work - for more information click here
- SERC - for more information on becoming a SERC volunteer click here
- First Ecology Volunteer Trainees and Assistants - for more information click here
- Volunteer with Somerset Specialist Groups - for more information click here
- Visitor Supporters on Reserves - for more information click here
- Volunteer Gardener - for more information click here
- Routes to the River Tone - Finale Events Volunteer - for more information click here
- Administrative Support to Marketing Team - for more information click here
- Event Hosts for Somerset Wildlife Open Gardens - for more information click here
- Community Fundraisers - for more information click here
If you're looking for an opportunity for a group of employees to get out of the office, into the great outdoors and involved in hands-on nature conservation then a corporate volunteering day may well be of interest. We offer bespoke options to suit your company/staff needs, whether you are looking for a one-off exercise for team-building and motivation, or if you are looking to fulfil part of your community CSR programme. For more information on corporate volunteering click here.