White Field WildWalk
Length 1 mile
Roads and footpaths, mostly flat; the latter can become muddy after prolonged periods of rain.
Dogs are welcome but please keep on lead. Note: Please take care along roads
1. From the car park of the Rose and Portcullis turn left up the hill; take the first left and continue past the old cottage hospital.
2. Go straight on through gate onto footpath crossing field then across Harepits Lane noting apple orchard on your right. Continue on footpath diagonally across field. Follow the stream course near the Millenium Wood.
3. Bear right on the path and head towards the road.
4. Spectacular views of Glastonbury Tor and the Levels can be seen from here. Turn left on path towards Greenhill House.
5. Just before Greenhill House follow the footpath across a field passing through a further gate towards the Nature Reserve.
6. Enter the Somerset Wildlife Trust White Field Reserve in which you will find a species rich meadow a small reedbed and apple orchard. On exiting continue along the footpath towards Harepits Lane at which you turn left then right at the crossroads which leads you back to the car park of The Rose and Portcullis.
A downloadable leaflet of this walk is available here
To submit your wildlife sightings register on WildWalks
WildWalks has been developed through the LivingMap project, established by The Wildlife Trusts in partnership with the British Trust for Ornithology, as an online wildlife recording tool. We want to encourage the public, whether expert recorders or those with less expertise, to get out and explore our Living Landscapes in an effort to help us map nature as it changes.