Terms and Conditions of Entry
- An entry to the competition is free and open to everyone except Somerset Wildlife Trust employees.
- Entry into the competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Each entrant may enter up to a maximum of four images in the competition.
- Entries must be in digital format only no prints or slides will be accepted.
- Entries must be TIFF or JPEG files and be the best quality available. As a guide images should be taken on a minimum of a 3 megapixel camera and be at least 1 MB in size.
- Photographs can either be entered online using the contact form on our main photography competition page. Digital files should indicate title of image and photographers name e.g.swan_AAnother.jpg. Sorry but we are unable to return any entries.
- Images may be be subject to a public vote online.
- All photographs submitted must be the work of the individual who submits them. Entrants must ensure that photographs have been taken with the permission of the subject (where necessary) and do not infringe the copyright of any third party.
- By submitting a photograph to this competition entrants agree that Somerset Wildlife Trust reserves the right to free reproduction and exhibition of the image in all media to promote the Trust’s work. Photographers will be credited if an image is used. The copyright of photographs remains with the photographer.
- All images must be taken in Somerset. Images of wildlife must be taken in the natural environment or in their natural habitat. Images of wildlife taken in captivity, domesticated or restrained in any way, will not be eligible, neither will images of species that have been artificially cultivated or reared.
- The welfare of the wildlife subject of any photograph is of greater importance than the photograph itself entries which show evidence of undue disturbance or stress imparted on the subject by the photographer will be disqualified. Please take care to avoid damage to the environment in the process of your photography.
- Digital adjustments are acceptable; the way in which any digital enhancement or editing has been used will be taken into account when judging the entry. However, major changes of content are not allowed.
- Judges appointed by Somerset Wildlife Trust will choose the winners. The organiser’s decision on all matters relating to the competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judges and organisation. Due to the high number of entries individual feedback is not possible.
- A list of prize winners will be available on the Trust website.
- All entries are sent at the photographer’s risk. Somerset Wildlife Trust regret that they cannot accept liability for any loss or damage of any images entered in the competition (howsoever caused) nor for any other loss or damage resulting there from.
CLOSING DATE: 12noon on 31 December 2015