To become a Somerset Wildlife Trust Corporate Partner, you pay the Corporate Member cost of £500 + VAT (and receive all of the benefits associated with being a Corporate Member), and then also commit to choose at least one other
corporate activity from the list below. (*each costed separately) We are able to create completely bespoke programmes with any combination of these things, or work with you to meet specific objectives you might have.
- Team volunteering day (*10-12 employees) - The phrase ‘we having a team building day’ often conjures up thoughts of random raft–building or throwing yourself blindly off a high place to land in the safe hands of an unknown colleague; and volunteering implies being assigned a short shelf life physical activity, where you don’t see the broader impact of your efforts beyond the day itself. Our team volunteering days are a unique combination that effectively; brings together often geographically diverse staff out of their working environment to enhance understanding of the business and create better internal social networks; reduces the levels of stress in the workplace and enhances general health and wellbeing of staff which increases performance and can improve sickness and absenteeism; and for us, delivers tangible and visible benefits to our long term conservation efforts in a particular landscape or community - which, if local to your business, can be revisited and enjoyed after the day has been completed. *Minimum number 8 attendees
- Away Day - A guided walk at A Somerset Wildlife reserve for 8-10 employees, which is 'behind the scenes’ tour with a wildlife/reserve expert. This can either be for your own staff, or for customers who you would like to network with in a completely different environment.
- Wild Lunch-Break - An informal boardroom style lunchtime talk by a Somerset Wildlife Trust member of staff with a choice of wildlife/landscape based topics to choose from. Engage your staff with the green spaces and wildlife near their work or in their communities or educate them about what they can do for wildlife - an easy way to step away from your desk and have lunch.
- Wild Office – Would you like to make your workplace more wildlife friendly? Is there some green space on your office grounds that could be a mini-meadow, or does it have room for nest boxes? Let us help you bring a bit of wild to what are usually less than green places.
- Wild Walk - Encouraging your staff to take a short time away from their desk during the day to reenergise and recharge means they will be more productive. If you have a green space on your office’s doorstep, let us create a short Wild Walk so your staff can do just that and take in some wildlife at the same time and get to know their local area. See some of our Wild Walk here
- Event Sponsorship - Somerset Wildlife Trust run an enormous variety of events of all sizes and kinds across the whole county. Show your commitment visually and share common audiences by sponsoring one of our events. Its great for engaging with your local communities and raising awareness of your brand.
- Print Sponsorship - A chance to show your commitment visually by sponsoring a variety of print and interpretation materials for our shows, nature reserves and other print communications.
- Corporate Fundraising - Could you raised funds for us with a bake & cake sale, a one off sponsored event or a fun run maybe? We welcome great ideas and are able to support anything you do and help you promote it.
- Charity of The Year - We would welcome the opportunity to be nominated as your chosen charity of the year. Conservation charities don’t typically get onto the shortlist - you can change that and help your local landscapes and wildlife. Call us to talk about how we can support you.
- Payroll Giving - Payroll giving is a popular scheme whereby your employees can give a regular donation to help local wildlife. Small donations make a huge difference so if you don’t currently have a payroll giving scheme, please think about setting one up to raise vital funds for us.
"It has been a fantastic opportunity to partner with SWT and support the Routes to the River Tone project. Our employees continue to enjoy the hands on volunteering sessions and get a real sense of achievement working in the local community. We have definitely proved 'getting outside is good for you!”
Melanie Huggins, ViridorHead of Sustainability, Health and Wellbeing
"We found working with the SWT was successful on a number of fronts, not only did it give something back to our local landscape and environment but it also meant we could partner on different community events like 'steam teas' and run joint social media and press release content giving maximum exposure for both brands. We look forward to continuing to work with such a great organisation in our home County."
Sam Burton, Marketing Manager, Miles Tea & Coffee
"Working with Somerset Wildlife Trust has enabled us to reach new audiences, extending our brand reach through a number of high profile events, whilst at the same time supporting Somerset’s beautiful landscapes and the communities in and around our branch network."
Neil Wyatt, Head of Marketing, Higos Insurance Services