Business Support Manager
37.5 hours p.w. £28 - £32k p.a. This is a full time role based in Taunton.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on Business Support Manager to join Somerset’s largest wildlife charity.
This is a great opportunity for an all-rounder with proven experience in line management, HR, health & safety, facilities management, contract negotiation, IT and budget management to work in a challenging, yet rewarding role where no two days are the same. Reporting to the Chief Executive, this is a senior full-time post.
You will be
- Ensuring that Trust offices and workshops are well maintained, insured and adhering to health & safety standards at all times
- Responsible for revising the company disaster recovery plan
- As Data Controller, ensuring compliance with Data Protection legislation
- Working with our H&S Consultant to ensure that the Trust is compliant in all things health & safety
- Managing office moves and building projects through a consultative approach with managers
- Developing the Trust’s IT strategy and working with our third party IT support company
- Being pro-active in responding to any buildings emergencies from a leaking tap to a computer server malfunction
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with our contractors and suppliers
- Providing a comprehensive HR service, including recruitment, discipline and grievance.
- Line Managing our Volunteer Co-ordinator, Receptionist and office volunteers, ensuring they are happy, motivated and working well as a team
- Working closely with the Chief Executive and the management team to champion best practice
This role needs someone who is happy to go ‘above and beyond’ in everything they do. You'll get to know everyone in the Trust so you must be a real people person who enjoys everything from working on reception to ensuring the working environment is suitable for everyone to enjoy. If that all sounds pretty good to you, and you also feel passionate about nature and habitat conservation, please don't delay, apply now!
We don’t accept CV’s. Please provide a maximum two page cover letter with your completed application form. We want to get a feel for your personality, so please tell us why you think you'd be great for this role.
Due to the high number of applications we get to each role, we can only get back to applicants who are invited in for interview, on the status of their application.
Please click here to see the full job-description
A PDF version of the application form can be found by clicking here
A Word version of the application can be found by clicking here
Closing Date for applications: 9.00 a.m. Wednesday 25th October 2017
Interview Date : Wednesday 8th November 2017
Please submit completed applications to – for any specific enquiries about the post, please e-mail