Assistant Ecologist / Ecologist with First Ecology
Full Time, Permanent, Cheddar, Somerset
Are you keen to start or progress your career in ecological consulting with a company that will invest in your professional development long-term? Do you have a mature, responsible and determined work ethic, passion for wildlife and a pragmatic attitude towards land development? If so, we would love to hear from you!
The role involves supporting the delivery of a wide range of ecological consultancy projects across the UK with an opportunity to develop a chosen specialism and gain relevant protected species licenses.
The role requires a polite, confident, organized and reliable, team player. The appointed person will also be hardworking, a fast and enthusiastic learner, independent and self-reliant and continuously aiming to increase their knowledge and perfect their skills. Commercial awareness is advantageous.
Knowledge and experience
- At least one degree in a relevant discipline
- Full UK driving licence with vehicle insured for work purposes.
- Knowledge and experience of habitat assessments and protected species surveys.
- Knowledge of relevant UK and EU wildlife legislation and an understanding of planning policy in relation to ecology.
- Excellent verbal and report writing skills
- Competent in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook
- A member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or capable of membership
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Paid training as part of an individual CPD commitment (e.g. CSCS certification)
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to progress professionally (e.g. survey licenses)
- Personal protective equipment and work uniform
- Company vehicle use.
How to apply
Please see the full job description here:
Please find the application form here
Please return the completed application form with CV to .
The deadline for applications is 20th July 2018 at 5pm.
No recruitment agencies or previous applicants please.